IMPLANT GRADE SILICONE SHEETING
I. Product Identification
- A. Manufactured by:
- MediSil Corporation
- 270 Quail Court
- Santa Paula, CA 93060 USA
- Tel: (805) 525-5657
- Fax: (805) 933-1675
- B. Trade Name: High Consistency Rubber (HCRA)
- C. Chemical Name and Synonyms: Reinforced dimethyl methylhyrodgen siloxanes
- D. Chemical Formula: N/A (Polymeric)
- E. Chemical Family: Part B: Organopolysiloxane
- F. DOT (CFR 49) Hazard Classification: Not hazardous per CFR
II. Product Composition
Dimethyl Silicone Elastomer Base, 100%
III. Physical Properties
- A. Boiling Point: > 260°C
- B. Specific Gravity (water = 1): 1.16
- C. Vapor Pressure at 25°C: > 1 mm Hg - essentially non-volatile
- D. Vapor Density (Air = 1): N/A - essentially non-volatile
- E. Water Solubility: nil
- F. Evaporation Rate (Ethyl Ether = 1): nil
- G. Appearance and Odor: Colorless, translucent, high consistency paste. Odor of inhibitor: mint smell.
IV. Fire and Explosion Information
- A. Flash Point (Open Cup): 95°C (Cured)
- B. Flammable Limits in Air, % Volume: Not measured
- C. Extinguishing Media: Use water fog, dry chemical, foam or CO2
- D. Special Fire Fighting Procedures: Fire fighters should wear self-contained breathing apparatus and full protective clothing. Use water spray to cool nearby containers.
- E. Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards: May generate Hydrogen Gas to create an explosion hazard.
- F. Not flammable at temperatures less than 300°C
V. Health Hazard and Protection Data
- A. Personal Protection Recommended: Prevent eye contact. Under recommended conditions of use, no other protection should be required.
- B. Signs and Symptoms of Exposure: The primary route of exposure is eye contact.
- C. First Aid for Exposure:
- 1. Eye contact: Flush with water. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
- 2. Skin contact: Not considered a potential hazard. If irritation occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- 3. Ingestion: Get medical attention
- 4. Inhalation: Not considered a potential hazard
- D. Occupational Exposure Limits: Because of the low health hazard, no exposure limits have been established
- E. Toxicity: Because of the low toxicity, specific toxicity data is unavailable.
- F. Medical Conditions Generally Aggravated by Exposure: Pre-existing eye disorders.
VI. Spill and Leak Procedures
This material does not spill or leak because of its high consistency properties.
VII. Reactivity Data
- A. Stability: This material is chemically stable. Hazardous polymerization will not occur.
- B. Materials to Avoid: Part B contact with strong alkali may generate flammable Hydrogen gas
- C. Hazardous Decomposition Products: Burning may liberate carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and silicone dioxide.
VIII. Other Information and Precautions
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed and keep away from heat and flame.
To the best of our knowledge this material does not contain any substances listed by the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive effects.
When this material is discarded, as received, it is not classified as a RCRA hazardous waste. State and local laws may impose additional regulatory requirements regarding disposal.
Consult and comply with federal, state, and local regulations concerning any release of hazardous materials in the water, water piping systems, ground or air. Consult and comply with federal, state, and local regulations concerning removal of waste.
IX. Regulatory Information
|NFPA Hazard Rating|
All information appearing herein is based upon data considered to be accurate. However, no warranty is expressed or implied regarding the accuracy of these data or the results to be obtained from the use thereof.